Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning Update

So, like I mentioned before, I'm following the spring cleaning schedule of simple mom and I feel like I have been rather successful so far.

Day one was easy, just a "clean sweep" for trash and other clutter. Day two and three have been the living room and, well, my living room is roughly the size of the bed of a pick-up truck. That, and I had recently dusted and de-cluttered my bookshelf. However, I did do some pretty thorough cleaning, of which I am very proud. In fact, the only place I didn't clean was behind the piano because I couldn't move it by myself. I wonder if it is too late to get Hubby to move it...

While everything has gone well so far, I'm a little worried about the bedrooms. Now there's a headache waiting to happen. But this whole cleaning thing is making me feel pretty good about myself. I just hope I can keep it up all the way to the end!

2 comments:

Delirious said...

My son's bedroom is the "last frontier" for me....

I can't face it right now. I'll wait until seminary is over so I can focus more and have more time. it's going to be an all day project. :S

Laurel said...

Thanks for the update. I actually started in the dining room because I couldn't face the living room. It had all of our stuff dumped in it from being out of town last week end. But My whole bank of cupboards along the back wall of the dining room is done now, and that includes my really crazy junk drawer under the microwave. Thanks for the motivation to get me going.