Monday, May 4, 2009

Inspired by Spring

Yesterday I got to wondering why I try to make resolutions to change around New Years. Sure, the beginning of the year is a great time to rethink our life and try to make changes, but you can get all excited to exercise and then look out at the cold, grey sky and continue on with your life unchanged. Surely there is a better time to make life changes, and what better time than Spring?

Lately, I have been getting the urge to do exactly that: change my life. I don't know how we can look at the flowers blooming, smell the fresh scent of spring rain, and feel the warm sun on our faces and not want to change, to start over fresh just like the world outside. Here are some of the things that I have been inspired to do lately:

Clean: Thanks to simple mom, I'm going to be doing Spring Cleaning for the first time in my life (I'm just following her daily tasks as outlined on her blog, not buying her e-book). I'm not particularly fond of cleaning, but I've been thinking the last few days that if I want to have the life that I want (ie large garden, fresh bread often, etc) and be organized, I need to start working on liking work now. And I do love having a clean, organized home.

Organize: I need to get rid of stuff. Just like pulling weeds to clear the ground for spring planting, I need to dump a lot of stuff that has accumulated over that last three years. I'll just have to be careful not to make Hubby cry when I tell him to get rid of his "special treasures". It has happened before.

Records: For some reason, while sitting at church yesterday, I was inspired to write more in my journal.

I'm sure there will be more things that come to mind, especially as I start planting our "garden". Oh, how I love Spring!

2 comments:

Cailean said...

I love Spring too! It's amazing what it does for your morale and motivation! Although I only know what Spring is like here in the Seattle area - maybe in other less rainy areas it's not such a change and less motivating? I love Simple Mom too and am following her steps too. :)

Laurel said...

Thank you for sharing this. My house is so full of JUNK!!! And my hubby to has cried many times when I"ve gotten rid of his "treasures". I've been trying to find the motivation to get this done, but I think I can follow the one area a day plan. Although with work it may have to be more like one area a week. But I think having the goal will help me get there. Keep us posted how you are coming. It helps keep me motivated to see other's progress. Then mabey once I finish the house I can move on to the feed shed, the garage, the trailer...ok it may be more like one area a month. But thanks for the push anyway.