Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The New Year

A New year has begun, and I need to make those pesky little things called resolutions. I have learned, however, that I am not going to make any changes unless I really want to make those changes. Now, that might sound obvious, but simply knowing that something is good for me doesn't mean I want to do it.

Example: Exercising is good. It makes you healthier, happier (yeah for endorphins), and more in control of your body. I know it would help me sleep better. I know that when I decide to have another baby, it will help me during my pregnancy. I know that being more toned would help me to feel better about myself. But do I exercise? NO. Will I make a resolution regarding exercise? Probably. Most likely, it will be something about learning to like exercising or something like that. Will it work? Ask me at the end of the year.

No comments: